ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN
- Patented Raised AXYS® RMK® Chassis The AXYS® RMK® features a patented, raised chassis that increases clearance and reduces drag to keep you on top of the snow. This new chassis, purpose built for mountain riding, allows for improved sidehilling, faster and easier climbing, and instantaneous lift allowing the sled to pop onto the snow faster. The aluminum overstructure is lightweight and durable for all types of riding. Taller spindles increases clearance to reduce drag.
- Rear Suspension The lightweight, rigid rear suspension design features revised geometry to control pitch. This improves weight transfer, delivering better control and a more compliant ride. The rigid suspension delivers power directly to the snow. Off-trail, riders will notice improved weight transfer while maintaining the approach angle. On-Trail, riders will notice a more compliant and comfortable ride. The rear suspension features a new rail design that helps lift the rear skid while driving it forward.
- 600 Cleanfire® Engine "This liquid-cooled Cleanfire® engine with semi-direct injection (SDI) deliver outstanding throttle response and instant acceleration. These powerful, efficient engines start easily and reliably and they calibrate automatically as the temperature and elevation change. These engines deliver impressive fuel economy in real-world riding situations, which, for Polaris riders, means aggressive, up-tempo riding, not low-rev lab conditions. Now in the AXYS® chassis, the 600 engine features new lightweight integrated mounts, electronic oil pump and bypass thermostat."
- Electronic Oil Pump Electronic oil pump eliminates power-robbing gear drive – and provides more precise, improved oil delivery for performance and durability as well as a 35% reduction in throttle effort. Requires no adjustments.
- QuickDrive™ Low Inertia Drive System The QuickDrive™ Low Inertia System is designed to make the sled rev quicker for instantaneous lift and reduces rotational inertia by 21% for easier handling and flickability.Not simply a belt-drive, it is a complete lightweight drive system — featuring an extruded drive shaft, lightweight brake, RMK-specific brake caliper and of course the most visible piece of the system — a maintenance-free belt drive that requires no oil or tensioner system. The complete system reduces rotational inertia by 21% which means 5lb. less effort when carving.
- Walker Evans® Monotube Shocks PRO-RMKs come standard with Walker Evans® Monotube Shocks. During SnowCheck, there is a choice of a premium Walker Evans® Piggyback Clicker shock or the Walker Evans® Monotube Shocks. The new Walker Evans® Piggyback Clicker Shocks with compression adjusters and remote reservoirs offers the best performance across the broadest range of conditions. The new Walker Evans® Monotube Impact-Extruded Shocks are the lightest weight shock option from Polaris for those riders counting ounces. The one-piece, simple design is lightweight yet durable.
RIDER BALANCED™ CONTROL
- Legendary RMK Balance The patented AXYS® chassis delivers the RMK’s renowned perfect balance that riders have come to expect. The new RMK offers increased, ultimate control and a more compliant ride.
- AXYS® Body Panel Design The AXYS® RMK® features a compact body panel geometry and design that helps give the sled the best lean angle in the industry allowing it to hold even the steepest sidehill lines. RMK does not "Panel Out" like other competitors.
- Lightweight Polaris snowmobiles are the lightest sleds on the mountain. Polaris® mountain sleds have always been light AND rigid, and Polaris has added strength & durability while reducing weight on the RMK® AXYS® platform. Polaris uses design optimization software to analyze the loads and stress points for various systems and components of the snowmobile which allows the team to design lightweight yet durable snowmobiles. Providing riders with instantaneous lift, Polaris sleds help riders get up on top of the snow faster due to the lighter weight, increase in power from the new 600 H.O. Cleanfire® Engine, new Polaris-exclusive track designs and the new raised chassis.
- Forged Aluminum A-Arms Polaris continuously pursues new innovations and technology, and for 2016 the Polaris® RMK® features an industry-first...forged a-arms. The one-piece, forged a-arms are lighter (approximately 1.5 lbs lighter) while providing optimal strength. Forging is widely used and proven through the automotive industry. This design reduces unsprung mass leading to a better ride quality and increased maneuvarability.
- PowderTrac™ Running Boards The PowderTrac™ running boards have been developed for maximum snow clean out and maximum strength. Built from extruded aluminum with bonded cast lugs, they boast an open area of over 50% and integrated traction that is machined in for sure footed performance. For 2016, we continued to refine and improve the running boards. There is now additional open space at the back of the boards by the rear pad to reduce snow build up.
- PRO-Lite Seat Mountain snowmobiling requires a different seat design and that is what Polaris delivers. The seat is shorter to allow you to easily swing a leg and hop over from one side of the snowmobile to the other.
- LED Lights All models built on the AXYS® platform feature standard LED headlights. LED headlights deliver the industry’s best lighting: - Nearly 1 lb. lighter and high beams are 80% brighter than incandescent lighting. - Color temperature or output of the lights (the “whiteness” of light, reported in Kelvin) is 5000K, closely matching daylight. - LED headlights last the entire lifetime of the sled. A major durability enhancement over traditional incandescent headlights which experience filament burn out. - For constant visibility and enhanced safety, the low beams remain on at all times. Even when the high beam is activated, there is never a period of no light.
- Mountain Hoop Re-designed in 2016, the mountain hoop is more ergonomic and has been moved down 2.5" to prevent hitting the rider in the chest when in steeper terrain. Now a one-piece stylized design, the mountain hoop is made of a durable polyurethane material.
- Brakes New lightweight brakes for 2016 feature a fixed 2 piston opposed caliper design for an improved and quicker braking response and feel. A new, improved brake pad material features higher thermal properties to provide more optimal wear over time.
- Polaris Interactive Digital Display Another industry first for Polaris - the most advanced instrumentation in snowmobiling. This 4.3" high resolution, full color, LCD digital display provides a rider with information including: - Sled performance: Speedometer, tachometer, dual tripmeters, average speed, max speed, engine/trip hours & odometer - Sled operating conditions: Coolant temperature, diagnostics & maintenance warnings - Riding conditions: Air temperature, time of day in 12 or 24-hour clock format - Bluetooth™ functionality: Enables the gauge to communicate with the rider’s cell phone and provide notification of incoming calls or texts. Displays phone battery & signal strength - GPS/Mapping Capability: A compass is standard, & full-featured GPS can be installed to provide directions & information about services such as fuel, restaurants, lodging & Polaris dealerships. Customize the GPS to operate with North Up or Course Up navigation depending on your preference - NEW Ride Planning Feature enables you to plan a ride on RiderX, save it as a GPX file, and transfer it to the display through the USB interface This gauge comes as an option on select SnowCheck models and is also available as an accessory option.
- Integrated Storage Solutions Optional, accessory storage was designed and developed right along with the RMK® AXYS® platform, so it installs securely and features seamless, integrated styling that matches the sled’s design lines. Polaris Engineered with the highest quality of materials.
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.