2016 Polaris 600 SWITCHBACK® ADVENTURE
ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN
RIDER BALANCED CONTROL
- AXYS® Chassis The AXYS® chassis features 93% new parts, including an aluminum overstructure. The chassis structure and design makes it possible to change the rider positioning, centralize vehicle mass, redesign the rear suspension, add more power, remove weight, and evolve the rider’s riding experience. In short, it is the key to delivering rider-balanced control, unrivaled acceleration, and rider-centric comfort.
- Rider Balanced Control Rider Balanced Control gives the rider: - Flatter cornering without sacrificing the fun factor - More precise handling in all conditions - Better control in big bumps AND chatter bumps How did we get there? Polaris: - Put the rider in the right location on the sled. - Centralized vehicle mass. - Optimized the suspension geometry to better control pitch.
- Rider Balanced Positioning On the AXYS® chassis, the rider is moved forward to a more balanced position. The rider’s hands are moved 4.5” forward, the feet are 2” forward, the knees are 4.5” forward, and the seat is 4.5” forward. In the neutral riding position, the AXYS® platform provides bite for flatter, positive cornering. When the trail gets rough or the rider jumps off into the powder, rider balance enables the rider to move back and make the front end light to climb up on top of the snow or the moguls.
- PRO-XC™ Rear Suspension The completely redesigned geometry of the PRO-XC progressive-rate rear suspension is optimized for the best performance and Rider-Balanced Control. Through innovative Polaris engineering and construction, the suspension is both lighter and stronger, featuring: - Lightweight, forged aluminum rear crank. - Completely redesigned crank and pivot. - Front torque arm was moved rearward to control pitch, increase travel, and improve the rail profile.
- Active Pitch Control™ The PRO-XC™ suspension delivers Active Pitch Control™ which controls the pitch by suspension geometry and not simply by a high spring rate. This makes the sled less sensitive to adjustment while allowing optimal weight transfer.
- Lightweight When developing the AXYS® platform, Polaris engineers minimized weight throughout the sled without compromising strength. The 600 Switchback Adventure is approximately 30 pounds lighter than the previous chassis and weighs approximately 30 lb. less than a competitive crossover model.
- 600 Cleanfire® Engine This liquid-cooled Cleanfire® engine with semi-direct injection (SDI) deliver outstanding throttle response and instant acceleration. These powerful, efficient engines start easily and reliably and they calibrate automatically as the temperature and elevation change. These engines deliver impressive fuel economy in real-world riding situations, which, for Polaris riders, means aggressive, up-tempo riding, not low-rev lab conditions. Now in the AXYS® chassis, the 600 engine features new lightweight integrated mounts, electronic oil pump and bypass thermostat.
- Electronic Oil Pump Electronic oil pump eliminates power-robbing gear drive – and provides more precise, improved oil delivery for performance and durability as well as a 35% reduction in throttle effort. Requires no adjustments.
RIDER CENTRIC COMFORT
- Adventure Cargo System - Aluminum Rack, Lock & Ride® Saddlebags Take only as much as you need. No two rides are ever the same, why should your sled be? Planning a high mileage, multi-day trip? Mount the saddlebags and bring everything you need. Only out for a day trip? Load up the accessory rack bag with the essentials.
- AXYS® Performance Seat The AXYS Performance seat utilizes a high-performance seat foam, and the seat design is narrower in front to provide greater maneuverability. - The seat is lighter without compromising comfort - Improved ergonomics and stability - Seat top features a gripper material that helps keep the rider in place
- Interactive Digital Display Another industry first for Polaris - the most advanced instrumentation in snowmobiling. This 4.3" high resolution, full color, LCD digital display provides a rider with information including: - Sled performance: Speedometer, tachometer, dual tripmeters, & odometer - Sled operating conditions: Fuel level, oil temperature, diagnostics & maintenance warnings - Riding conditions: Air temperature, time of day - Bluetooth™ functionality: Enables the gauge to communicate with the rider’s cell phone and provide notification of incoming calls or texts. - GPS/Mapping Capability: A compass is standard, & full-featured GPS can be installed to provide directions & information about services such as fuel, restaurants, lodging & Polaris dealerships This gauge comes as an option on select SnowCheck models and is also available as an accessory option.
- Left-Hand Controls The left-hand controls feature improved ergonomics, updated styling, and enhanced hand and thumb warmer control. The controls are easy to operate with gloves on, and have an improved tactile feel.
- LED Lights All models built on the AXYS® platform feature standard LED headlights. LED headlights deliver the industry’s best lighting: - Nearly 1 lb. lighter and high beams are 80% brighter than incandescent lighting. - Color temperature or output of the lights (the “whiteness” of light, reported in Kelvin) is 5000K, closely matching daylight. - LED headlights last the entire lifetime of the sled. A major durability enhancement over traditional incandescent headlights which experience filament burn out. - For constant visibility and enhanced safety, the low beams remain on at all times. Even when the high beam is activated, there is never a period of no light.
- Wind Protection The hood and windshield designs produce significantly enhanced wind protection for a rider, and the foil on the side panels further enhances protection.
- Integrated Storage Storage was designed and developed right along with the AXYS platform, so it installs securely and features seamless, integrated styling that matches the sled’s design lines. - Compression-molded materials provide semi-rigid storage and enhanced styling - Sturdier zippers provide better cargo security and protection - Installs without tools
- Premium Fit & Finish Interfacing surfaces between body panels and components are shorter for minimized gaps - Interfaces are strategically located in recessed areas - Styling of storage elements results in clean, integrated lines - Components are engineered for functionality and styled for the best styling
- Electric Start Start your sled with the turn of the key. Nothing beats the ease and convenience of electric start.
- Extreme Front Bumper Lightweight, aluminum front bumper features extra protection for wherever your Adventure takes you.
- FOX QS3 - 3-Position Compression Adjuster Our QS3 tool-free adjuster allows for simple and repeatable suspension setting changes. Its wide range of compression adjustment provides noticeable changes of ride quality and handling without the complications of counting detents. Choose a QS3 setting that gives you the most confidence, comfort, or handling characteristics with just a “flip of a switch." Rear Shock is a coil over air design that allows the rider to add air pressure to assist the coil spring when carrying a load (passenger or cargo)
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.