ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN
RIDER BALANCED CONTROL
- AXYS™ Chassis The all new AXYS™ chassis features 93% new parts, including a carbon-fiber overstructure. The new chassis structure and design makes it possible to change the rider positioning, centralize vehicle mass, redesign the rear suspension, add more power, remove weight, and evolve the rider’s riding experience. In short, it is the key to delivering rider-balanced control, unrivaled acceleration, and rider-centric comfort.
- Rider Balanced Control Rider Balanced Control gives the rider: - Flatter cornering without sacrificing the fun factor - More precise handling in all conditions - Better control in big bumps AND chatter bumps How did we get there? Polaris: 1. Put the rider in the right location on the sled. 2. Centralized vehicle mass. 3. Optimized the suspension geometry to better control pitch.
- Rider Balanced Positioning On the new AXYS™ chassis, the rider is moved forward to a more balanced position. The rider’s hands are moved 4.5” forward, the feet are 2” forward, the knees are 4.5” forward, and the seat is 4.5” forward. In the neutral riding position, the AXYS™ platform provides bite for flatter, positive cornering. When the trail gets rough or the rider jumps off into the powder, rider balance enables the rider to move back and make the front end light to climb up on top of the snow or the moguls.
- PRO-XC™ Rear Suspension The completely redesigned geometry of the all-new PRO-XC™ progressive-rate rear suspension is optimized for the best performance and Rider-Balanced Control. Through innovative Polaris engineering and construction, the suspension is both lighter and stronger, featuring: - Lightweight, forged aluminum rear crank. - Completely redesigned crank and pivot. - Front torque arm was moved rearward to control pitch, increase travel, and improve the rail profile.
- Active Pitch Control™ The all-new PRO-XC™ suspension delivers Active Pitch Control™ which controls the pitch by suspension geometry and not simply by a high spring rate. This makes the sled less sensitive to adjustment while allowing optimal weight transfer.
- Lightweight When developing the AXYS™ platform, Polaris engineers minimized weight throughout the sled without compromising strength. The 800 RUSH PRO-S is more than 30 pounds lighter than the previous chassis and weighs at least 30 lb. less than a competitive trail performance model.
- Unrivaled Acceleration AXYS® is the Quickest Sled in its Class.
- 800 Cleanfire® H.O. Engine Developed in conjunction with the AXYS platform, the new 800 Cleanfire® H.O. Engine delivers class-leading acceleration. The integrated mounting position optimizes the balance of the chassis. Featuring: - 3-stage electronically-controlled exhaust valves - Electronic oil pump - Thermostat with bypass warms up to operating temperature 40% faster and improves durability - High-efficiency intake and exhaust - VForce Reeds - Lightweight crankshaft - New throttle body is lighter weight and reduces throttle effort - Grooved Piston
- 3-Stage Electronically-Controlled Exhaust Valves 3-stage electronically-controlled exhaust valves provide improved running quality, crisper throttle response, smoother idle and improved fuel economy. The active feedback for the exhaust valve position provides more accurate fueling in transient situations. These exhaust valves also improve combustion stability, leading to improved durability and engine life.
- Electronic Oil Pump Electronic oil pump eliminates power-robbing gear drive – and provides more precise, improved oil delivery for performance and durability as well as a 35% reduction in throttle effort. Requires no adjustments.
- High-Efficiency Intake and Exhaust New porous intake duct material and high-flow exhaust system create a better breathing engine package for more power. An all-new silencer provides reduced sound levels while on the trail. Vforce reeds provide improved performance, throttle response and reed durability.
- VForce Reeds Provide improved performance, throttle response, and reed durability.
- Lightweight Crankshaft Lightweight crankshaft weighs 2.5 lbs less, delivering 25% lower inertia and quicker throttle response and spooling. This provides improved acceleration. Designed and engineered specifically for the 800 Cleanfire® H.O. Engine for increased durability, this same lightweight crankshaft is used in Polaris Race sleds, including during the past 2013-14 season, showing it's proven durability.
- 800 Cleanfire® H.O. Engine Piston New grooved piston was designed specifically for the new 800 HO Cleanfire® Engine to increase durability and engine life.
RIDER CENTRIC COMFORT
- AXYS™ Performance Seat The new seat utilizes a new high-performance seat foam, and the seat design is narrower in front to provide greater maneuverability. - The seat is lighter without compromising comfort - Improved ergonomics and stability - Seat top features a gripper material that helps keep the rider in place.
- Interactive Digital Display Another industry first for Polaris - the most advanced instrumentation in snowmobiling. This 4.3" high resolution, full color, LCD digital display provides a rider with information including: - Sled performance: Speedometer, tachometer, dual tripmeters, & odometer - Sled operating conditions: Fuel level, coolant temperature, diagnostics & maintenance warnings - Riding conditions: Time of day, Day/Night mode - Bluetooth™ functionality: Enables the display to communicate with the rider’s cell phone and provide notification of incoming calls or texts. Battery, signal strength. - GPS / Mapping Capability: A compass and full-featured GPS comes standard when the GPS receiver is installed. Latitude, longitude, and elevation are displayed, along with the ability to mark and save waypoints and tracks. - Vehicle Immobilizer and security function allow you to lock your vehicle with a passcode. - Software can be upgraded during the life of the vehicle, so your display will never become outdated. - Screen options can be customized to suit rider preferences. - This display comes standard on AXYS™ SnowCheck 60th Anniversary models and is also available as an accessory option for all other AXYS™ models as well as PRO-RIDE™ models when used with the accessory Defrost Bag.
- Left-Hand Controls The new left-hand controls feature improved ergonomics, updated styling, and enhanced hand and thumb warmer control. The controls are easy to operate with gloves on, and have an improved tactile feel.
- LED Lights Models built on the AXYS™ platform feature the industry’s first LED headlights as standard equipment. New LED headlights deliver the industry’s best lighting: - 30% brighter and nearly 1 lb. lighter. - Color temperature or output of the lights (the “whiteness,” reported in Kelvin) is 5000 K, which is very close to daylight spectrum. - Enhanced durability over incandescent light with no filament to burn out. The LED lighting will last the lifetime of the sled. - For enhanced safety, the low beam is always on during low to high beam transitions. When the high beam is activated, the low beam remains on, so there is never a period of no light. If the lighting switch ever malfunctioned, the user would always at least have low beam lighting.
- Wind Protection The hood and windshield designs produce significantly enhanced wind protection for a rider, and the foil on the side panels further enhances protection.
- Integrated Storage Storage was designed and developed right along with the AXYS™ platform, so it installs securely and features seamless, integrated styling that matches the sled’s design lines. - Compression-molded materials provide semi-rigid storage and enhanced styling - Sturdier zippers provide better cargo security and protection - Installs without tools - There are 10 new AXYS™ storage options in the platform’s debut season – that can create over 90 different storage configurations
- Premium Fit & Finish Interfacing surfaces between body panels and components are shorter for minimized gaps - Interfaces are strategically located in recessed areas - Styling of storage elements results in clean, integrated lines - Components are engineered for functionality and styled for the best styling
- PRO-S Set-up (Tracks, Shocks) Delivers the ultimate cornering and handling, the flattest cornering in the industry, and it eliminates stutter bumps. - 120 x 1.25” RIPSAW II Track - Walker Evans® Clicker Shocks
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.